Repost: Dan Cull, ‘Riot Pron and links’
Chavez Campbell Predicted Trouble:
- I did predict a riot, the government should have seen it coming. (Guardian).
- Trouble isn’t over yet. (Guardian).
- North London – Tottenham Tottenham burning
- North London – Edmonton
- North London – Enfield Police monitor beaten in back of police van
- East London – Hackney (1) it’s all about class
- East London – Hackney (2) report from the Commune paper
- East London – Hackney (3)
- South London – Walworth
- South London – Catford rioting for fun and profit
- Salford and Manchester
The voiceless find their voice:
- ‘showing the rich we do what we want’ (BBC News)
- ‘no excuse’ (Sky News)
- I’m not law abiding (Sky News)
- Looters justify their actions (Sky News)
- a few members of Haringey Solidarity Group. Some thoughts about the Tottenham riots. HSG. Aug 12, 2011.
- Workers Solidarity Movement. London burns – causes & consequences of the riots – an anarchist perspective. Aug 13, 2011.
- Tower Hamlets ALARM. The story so far, in summary. Tower Hamlets ALARM. Aug 10, 2011.
- All London Anarchist Revolutionary Movement. Understanding the riots – where next? Tower Hamlets ALARM. Aug 12, 2011.
- Occupied London. Eyes wide open in London Aug 9, 2011.
- Fitwatch. A Fitwatcher’s view of the riots. Aug 10, 2011.
- North London Solfed. Statement about the riots. Freedom Press. Aug 9, 2011.
- Ian Bone. Fucking Hell!. Freedom Press. Aug 9, 2011.
- Ian Bone. The riot ‘Experts’ are among us. Ian Bone Blog. Aug 8, 2011.
- Porkbolter. Statement on riots. Aug, 2011.
- Solidarity Federation. Anarchists respond to the London riots. Libcom. Aug 9, 2011.
- An anarchist in Brixton. Criminality and rewards. Indymedia. Aug 9, 2011.
- Ron Jacobs. London’s Melted Furnace. Counterpunch. Aug 12-14, 2011.
- William Wall. Tottenham and beyond: neoliberal riots and the possibility of politics. Iceman Blog.
- David Harvey. Feral Capitalism Hits the Streets. Aug 11, 2011.
- Alexander Cockburn. Riots and the underclass. Counterpunch. Aug 12 – 14, 2011.
- david. AA+ for the rioters? The Free Association. Aug 8, 2011.
- Daniel Harvey. don’t moralise, don’t judge, don’t take pictures – it’s time fr the riot to get some radical politics. The Commune. Aug 9, 2011.
- David Broder. nothing to lose, nothing to win. The Commune. Aug 10, 2011.
- Joe Thorne. …or does it explode? The Commune. Aug 13, 2011.
- Socialism and/or barbarism. An open letter to those who oppose looting (part 1). Socialism and/or barbarism. Aug 9, 2011.
- Socialism and/or barbarism. An open letter to those who oppose looting (part 2). Socialism and/or barbarism. Aug 10, 2011.
- John Hutnyk. 11 notes on the disturbancesTM in London. trinketization. Aug 8, 2011.
- John Hutnyk. 11 more notes on the disturbancesTM in London. trinketization. Aug 10, 2011.
- Tom Fox. riots a grim mirror image of neoliberal britain. Red Pepper. Aug 10, 2011.
- Anti-Cuts Space. A message to a country on fire. Anti-Cuts Space. Aug 9, 2011.
- Carl Finamore. When is a “riot” a revolt? A view of the riots from the US. Truthout. Aug 12, 2011.
- Dan Hind. Nothing ‘mindless’ about rioters. Al Jazeera. Aug 9, 2011.
- Mohammad Abbas. London Rioters Resent Media Image of Hooded Teenage Thug. Reuters. Aug 10, 2011.
- Boff Whalley. ‘In defence of anarchy’ The Independent. Aug 12, 2011.
- Max Joseph. Some thoughts and responses. The Third Estate. Aug 12, 2011.
- Russell Brand. Big Brother Isn’t Watching you. Blog. Aug 11, 2011.
- Nathaniel Tapley. An Open Letter to David Cameron’s Parents. Blog. Aug 10, 2011.
- Vigilante tracks rioters using facial recognition software (yahoo news)
- Hackers hit Blackberry (BBC News)
- Blackberry’s blog defaced (Social Rupture)
- Social Media and the UK Riots (Indymedia)
- Too far (Indymedia)
Trade Union Response to Riots:
- RMT Stratford no.1 branch resolution – The riots. RMT London Calling. Aug 11, 2011.
Famous Academic Shows his Racist Side: